Subject: Re: bug#41715: The program '/gnu/store/foobar/compute-guix-derivation' failed to compute the derivation for guix

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 21:47:01 +0200

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> guix pull --roll-back did not solve the issue. The only thing I
> believe to have changed is the "host version" portion of the error
> message.

OK, that’s expected.

> 'which guix' actually points to
> ~/.configu/guix/current/bin/guix. Should this command yield a
> different value?

No.

> I have actually not done anything regarding either guix-daemon or
> offloading. The only things I did after the fresh install were a
> reconfigure and passing a manifest file to 'guix package -m'.
>
> I may have misunderstood what Jakub wrote because I am unsure what a
> transient failure is. The portion I believe to have understood
> essentially says "try again later and it should work".

Yes, that’s the essence of it.  :-)

> I found the logs of 'compute-guix-derivation', but I was unable to see
> anything meaningful opening the .drv.bz2 file in emacs. Am I doing
> something wrong?

Could you try this:

  strace -s 500 -o log guix pull

and post the ‘log’ file, compressed, somewhere?

Thanks,
Ludo’.