Subject: The program '/gnu/store/foobar/compute-guix-derivation' failed to compute the derivation for guix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 21:12:45 +0200

Hello everyone,

on a freshly installed and reconfigured machine, I receive the following 
error:
# guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/kpxami25fi3mrxb37sfbbx2s366chpk5-compute-guix-derivation'
# failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"790ada9168e0689c1c4607c61cdc1d2dbc327abf"; system: "x86_64-linux";
# host version: "398ec3c1e265a3f89ed07987f33b264db82e4080"; 
pull-version: 1).

I'm not entirely sure if, in this case, it is about RAM, as has been 
mentioned in this thread: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/41710 . I do have 
24gb ram, but currently a small swap file, but that might be totally 
unrelated.

If I can supply you with more information, please do not hesitate to 
specify how I can aid fixing the issue.

Have a good day,
Olivier