Subject: Re: bug#41339: Installing 'git:send-email' masks underlying git installations and does not imply installing git

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 23:45:23 +0100

Dear,

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 at 17:05, Josh Marshall <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Gosh, it has been months.  I'm not sure, and I'm pretty mentally
> spent.

Sorry for the delay.

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 2:00 PM zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> >            Installing this also masks a local installation of git
>> > masked when running in a foreign distro.  The particular failure
>> > observed is that repos transferred over https no longer worked with
>> > the error `fatal: unable to find remote helper for 'https'`.
>>
>> I am not sure to understand.  What do you mean?  Could you provide an
>> example to reproduce?

Well, I mark this bug as moreinfo for now.  Feel free to provide an
example to reproduce when you can.

All the best,
simon