Subject: Re: bug#41038: gcc creates binaries that don't find their shared libraries

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 21:52:49 +0200

Hello,

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Compiling Fortran leads to the same issue, if I understand correctly.
> Is it not the reason of the addition of 'gfortran-toolchain'?
> And I guess it should be the same issue for the other front-ends that
> GCC supports (Ada, etc.), isn't it?
>
> Well, is it not GCC related and not only C specific?
>
> I mean, I seems better to me to remove "@subsection The GCC toolchain"
> from "Application setup" and then to retitle the subsection "The GCC
> toolchain" in "Development" instead of "Packages for C Development".
> Keeping for now how it is worded and letting the GFortran use case as
> an exercise for the reader. ;-)

True!  Do you want to send a patch?  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.