Subject: Re: bug#40583: guix-system-install-1.0.1.i686 fails to build amdgpu

From: ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 21:31:58 -0400

Hello Ludo,

I tried installing guix-system-install-1.1.0rc2.i686-linux.iso. 
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to use this version either.  The graphical 
installer isn't visible due to the noise.  I also had some issues 
getting the logs off the eeepc, but dmesg ended with the following lines.

[   27.510600] [drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] *ERROR* 
CPU pipe B FIFO underrun
[   37.691363] [drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done 
[drm_kms_helper]] *ERROR* [CRTC:40:pipe B] flip_done timed out
[   73.531406] [drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_dependencies 
[drm_kms_helper]] *ERROR* [CRTC:40:pipe B] flip_done timed out
[   83.771388] [drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_dependencies 
[drm_kms_helper]] *ERROR* [CRTC:36:pipe B] flip_done timed out
[  154.766788] perf: interrupt took too long (2581 > 2500), lowering 
kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 77250
[  219.803568] perf: interrupt took too long (3261 > 3226), lowering 
kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 61250
[  301.780855] perf: interrupt took too long (4078 > 4076), lowering 
kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 49000

Not sure if it's really enough info to help.

Take Care,

Ryan

On 4/13/20 6:46 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello ryan,
>
> ryan <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> I tried installing guix-system-install-1.0.1.i686-linux.iso on an old
>> eee pc, but if fails to build the amd package.  This surprised me
>> since it has an intel atom processor inside it.  Attached is the error
>> log as well as some hardware information.
> There’s currently a release candidate (RC) available for testing that
> fixes many things in the installer.  Could you give it a try and report
> back?
>
>    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-04/msg00224.html
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ludo’.