Subject: Re: [bug#40552] [PATCH] gnu: hurd: Build DDE libraries.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:32:17 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

Hello Ricardo,

> * gnu/packages/hurd.scm (hurd)[native-inputs]: Add "dde-sources".
> [inputs]: Add libpciaccess.
> [arguments]: Add phase "prepare-dde".

Thank you, beautiful!  I applied it to wip-hurd-vm.  Using some extra
guix cross-build hacks that are not ready for savannah
(https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix/-/commits/wip-hurd-vm), I now managed
to build the first package on our own hurd VM:

    https://lilypond.org/janneke/hurd-candy/guix-build-make-boot0.png

A hacky script to do build `gnu-make-boot0':

is included as `build.sh'.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
#! /bin/sh
set -ex

guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild --disable-chroot --disable-deduplication --max-jobs=1 &
guix archive --authorize < /run/current-system/profile/share/guix/ci.guix.gnu.org.pub
guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) gnu-make-boot0)' --fallback --no-offload
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Not marking this `done' yet, as the patch hasn't been merged on
core-updates.

However, this looks so nice and works so well: please feel free to push
a next patch (no pressure!) to wip-hurd-vm yourself!

Greetings,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com