Subject: Re: bug#40164: Fix for libgccjit

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:40:45 -0400

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> (+Cc bug.)
>
> Formbi <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>>> I think this has no effect because this ‘native-search-paths’ is already
>>> inherited from ‘gcc-9’, which ‘libgccjit’ inherits from.
>>
>> Nope, it does have an effect. I added "lib/gcc" to the original paths (and that was the needed thing).
>
> In that case, could you (1) arrange to write the search path in a way
> that reuses (package-native-search-paths gcc-9), and (2) add a comment
> explaining why “lib/gcc” is needed (it looks unusual)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ludo’.

Perhaps the original issue is the one reported/fix with a patch here [0]
?  Formbi, could you share a simple reproducer so that we can test if
the patches resolve it?  It seems it'd be useful to upstream as well (to
have a reproducer).

Thanks!

[0]  https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gcc-patches/2019-03/msg01045.html