Subject: Re: bug#39136: [PATCH] gnu: services: Add endlessh.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:49:33 +0200

Hi Joshua,

Joshua Branson <[email-masked]> skribis:

> doc: endlessh service documentation.
>
> * doc/guix.texi (Networking Services): New endlessh-service-type section.
>
> services: containerized endlessh
>
> * gnu/services/ssh.scm (endlessh-config->conf): make-forkexec-contructor ->
> make-forkexec-constructor/container. and attempted to enable logging to syslog.
>   (define-record-type* <endlessh-configuration>)
>   move default values of endlessh configuration to separate line.
>   Add copyright line for Nicolo.

Could you merge both patch #1 and patch #2?  Usually doc is added in the
same commit as the thing being documented.

> +@cindex Endlessh
> +@deffn {Scheme Variable} endlessh-service-type
> +This is the type for the @uref{https://github.com/skeeto/endlessh,
> +Endlessh} program that delays ssh clients for days at a time by

Nitpick: s/ssh/SSH/.

> +@emph{very slowly} sending a random and endless SSH banner.  The smart
> +hacker will put endlessh running on port 22, and let crackers get stuck

Maybe “The smart hacker will put” -> “You would typically run”

> +   (start #~(make-forkexec-constructor/container

Let’s forget about ‘/container’ for now if it doesn’t work yet.

Perhaps we can have a minimal system test to make sure the thing is
running and listening on the right port?  There are tests for
full-fledged SSH servers in (gnu tests ssh) that could serve as
inspiration.

Could you send a (hopefully) last version with these changes?

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.