Subject: Re: bug#38422: .png files in /gnu/store with executable permissions (555)

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 16:20:08 +0100

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 at 21:09, Bengt Richter <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Should there be an official _distilled and filtered-for-upstream_
> git bug repo that guix developers populate and upstream devs
> (and anyone) can pull and grep the log of for their projects?

The Guix bug database is public and can be browsed for example here
[1] or [2]. Yes, it is not friendly for upstream developer and one
needs some Guix knowledge to correctly find what one is looking for.
Debian has more friendly entry point: the package Tracker [3]. And the
webpage [4] should be improved to report our bug etc. (as Debian is
doing).

(Note that the Guix-HPC search interface is better but currently down.)

[1] http://issues.guix.gnu.org/
[2] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=guix;max-bugs=100;base-order=1;bug-rev=1
[3] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gmsh
[4] http://guix.gnu.org/packages/gmsh-2.16.0/

All the best,
simon