Subject: Re: bug#38088: Guix system becomes unresponsive after backtrace

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 21:58:06 +0100

Hi Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 6., Sze, 18:42):
>>
>> Hi Gábor,
>>
>> Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>> > I did not know how to get the info better, so here is a screenshot
>> > about the situation.
>> >
>> > This happened when I was trying a pre-inst-env guix build from a
>> > core-updates checkout.
>> > Previously python3 failed to build, and I was trying to build it again.
>>
>> From the screenshot, it seems that your root file system (or at least
>> /tmp and /gnu/store) became read-only, which in turn caused various
>> things to fail, including guix-daemon (hence the “broken pipe” when
>> ‘guix build’ was talking to it, I suppose.)
>
> Yes, it also became corrupted. fsck on boot fixed it.
> Since then it works happily again...

OK.  My guess is that there was maybe a transient error with your hard
disk, which led the kernel to remount the root file system read-only,
which in turn led to the failure of various programs, including
‘guix-daemon’.

I’m closing the bug, but do reopen it if you have reasons to suspect a bug!

Thanks,
Ludo’.