Subject: ‘guix system roll-back’ doesn’t reload services

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 11:09:48 +0200

Hello,

‘guix system roll-back’ and ‘switch-generation’ don’t reload services
and don’t run activation scripts like ‘guix system reconfigure’ does.
Indeed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define (switch-to-system-generation store spec)
  "Switch the system profile to the generation specified by SPEC, and
re-install bootloader with a configuration file that uses the specified system
generation as its default entry.  STORE is an open connection to the store."
  (let ((number (relative-generation-spec->number %system-profile spec)))
    (if number
        (begin
          (reinstall-bootloader store number)
          (switch-to-generation* %system-profile number))
        (leave (G_ "cannot switch to system generation '~a'~%") spec))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.