Subject: Re: [bug#37413] [PATCH 0/9] Channel news distribution mechanism

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 14:33:36 +0200

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> My feeling is that this use case doesn’t correspond to what the TP is
>> about, but yeah, you could ask them.
>>
>
> I will ask them, but later after Guix website translation is online.

Oops, thanks for the reminder.  :-)

>> Also, “urgently” won’t work because they would have to be manual
>> intervention by at least two people before the info reaches translators:
>> someone on the Guix side who’d submit a tarball (?) to the TP, and the
>
> The channel author would submit the tarball.  No Guix team involved.

If it’s the 'guix channel, then the Guix team is definitely involved,
and typically there’s only a couple of people in the group “entitled” to
do that (so far it’s been Julien or myself.)

Sending a whole tarball seems overkill to me; currently we don’t even
send them tarballs in between releases, even though that’d be useful.

Anyway, let’s see what the TP folks think!

Ludo’.