Subject: Re: bug#37021: GuixSD 1.01-i686 install DVD boot failure on Macbook1, 1: failed to resolve partition

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:43:27 +0200

Do I understand correctly that this message appears when booting the
DVD, not the installed system?

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 03:32:06PM -0700, Calvin Heim wrote:
> ï¿½waiting for partition '31393730-3031-3031-3139-343934363833' to appear...

I cannot check right now if that is a legitimate partition id for the
i686 installer, but the installer source code in
gnu/system/install.scm should mount a partition with
(file-system-label "Guix_image").  You could check from another OS if
this partition label exists.  You could also type in the recovery
Guile repl that opens:

(use-modules (ice-9 ftw))
(scandir "/dev/disk/by-id")
(scandir "/dev/disk/by-uuid")
(scandir "/dev/disk/by-partuuid")

and maybe:

,L bournish
cat /run/booted-system/etc/fstab

Regards,
Florian