Subject: [PATCH 0/2] 'guix pack' records environment variables

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 10:37:31 +0200

Hello Guix!

With these patches, images created by ‘guix pack -f docker’ or
‘guix pack -f singularity’ define the right environment variables
for the profile.

For instance, if you do:

  guix pack -f docker guile guile-json --entry-point=bin/guile

Then:

  docker run THE-IMAGE

will spawn Guile in an environment with $GUILE_LOAD_PATH pointing
to the profile, such that the (json) module is automatically found.

The change for Singularity is similar.  I’ve tested it with an
instance of Singularity 3.2.0.  Unfortunately, we still have 2.x
in Guix and that doesn’t quite support the environment file, so I’ve
chosen to punt on this one.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  pack: 'docker' backend records the profile's search paths.
  pack: 'squashfs' backend records the profile's search paths.

 gnu/tests/docker.scm      | 16 ++++++----
 gnu/tests/singularity.scm | 18 ++++++++++-
 guix/docker.scm           | 17 ++++++++---
 guix/scripts/pack.scm     | 64 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 4 files changed, 99 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0