Subject: Re: bug#36276: Not found .so files in bundle made by guix pack

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 17:51:04 +0200

Hi,

Andréas Livet <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> You might want to pass -RR to get a relocatable binary.  :-)
>
> Yes, I'm uploading the new tarball on the server, it's a bit slow...
>
> I didn't understand what did -RR option at first, but now it's seems
> to be a good (maybe the only?) option for installation outside the /
> directory

Yes.

<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2018/tarballs-the-ultimate-container-image-format/>
explains ‘-R’, and
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2019/gnu-guix-1.0.0-released/>
mentions ‘-RR’.

>> Could you make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset?
>
> Yes it is unset. This problem is driving me crazy, I can't understand
> why it can find libQt5Gui.so.5 and not libQt5Core.so.5

Is there a /etc/ld.so.preload file?

Did you try running the pack on another non-Guix machine?

Thanks,
Ludo’.