Subject: Re: [bug#36162] [PATCH 0/4] Add 'remote-eval'

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:20:06 +0200

Hi Jakob,

[email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) skribis:

> [email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) writes:
>
>> Guess I let my feature branch go a little stale. Fetched from upstream
>> and it works now :) I'll have a go at reimplementing 'deploy-os' and
>> let you know if I run into any other issues.
>
> Works like a charm! There's more code for me to clean up, but we've got
> a preliminary reimplementation of 'deploy-os' using your 'remote-eval'.
> Pushed it to my personal branch if you'd like to take a look.
>
>   https://git.sr.ht/~jakob/guix/commit/ca8e7b77cef4a60e9d820d6ae05b8b59f64b4f23

Woow, that was fast!  It looks good, and the patch removes a few lines
of code, which is always nice.  :-)

I’ll push the ‘remote-eval’ things shortly.  There’s certainly a few
things we can improve, and one of them is progress report: there’s
currently no call to ‘show-what-to-build’, and that’s obviously not
great.

Thank you for the great feedback!

Ludo’.