Subject: Re: bug#35540: Installer displays encrypted partition password entry in cleartext

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 12:02:16 +0200

Hello,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> #2 would please everybody, but I do not know what widgets Newt
>> provides for this.  Mathieu, would you know if changing the
>> visibility with e.g. a checkbox is doable?
>
> You'll find a patch attached that adds a checkbox to toggle password
> hiding. Every password input now has such a checkbox, WDYT?

It looks great!

I would perhaps add that checkbox only for the passphrase, in part
because when I test an install I prefer to have fewer keystrokes :-),
but also because this might clutter dialog boxes and cause troubles:
what if the translation of “Hide” is takes up more space? is it still
going to fit?

WDYT?

Thank you!

Ludo’.