Subject: Re: bug#35540: Installer displays encrypted partition password entry in cleartext

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 21:45:12 +0200

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 12:02:16PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> I would perhaps add that checkbox only for the passphrase, in part
>
> I disagree, people would expect it (and file bugs) for other passwords
> for the same reasons (other people watching while you install Guix
> vs. wanting to visually confirm you have not mistyped etc.)

Yeah OK, that makes sense to me.

>> because when I test an install I prefer to have fewer keystrokes :-),
>> but also because this might clutter dialog boxes and cause troubles:
>> what if the translation of “Hide” is takes up more space? is it still
>> going to fit?
>>
>
> German “Verbergen” is somewhat longer than “Hide”; I tried translating
> it locally and it still fits perfectly on my low res AMD GPU screen.

Perfect.

So I guess you can go ahead and push, Mathieu!

Thank you,
Ludo’.