Subject: Re: bug#35030: Error on update by root

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 11:57:27 +0200

Hello,

<[email-masked]> skribis:

>                                 (slim-service-type config =>
>                                               (slim-configuration
>                                                (xorg-configuration
>                                                  (xorg-configuration
>                                                   (extra-config
>                                                   
> '("Section \"InputClass\"
>         Identifier \"touchpad\"
>         Driver \"libinput\"
>         MatchIsTouchpad \"on\"
>         Option \"Tapping\" \"on\"
> EndSection")

[...]

>>>  3 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/fdp2jmpz6pwdlmdg1izih8cly75?")
>>> In ice-9/ports.scm:
>>>  462:17  2 (call-with-output-file _ _ #:binary _ #:encoding _)
>>> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
>>>  637:5  1 (for-each #<procedure 61d180 at ice-9/eval.scm:333:13 ?> ?)
>>> In unknown file:
>>>  0 (scm-error wrong-type-arg "for-each" "Wrong type argum?" ?)
>>>
>>> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
>>> In procedure for-each: Wrong type argument: "Section \"InputClass\"\n        Identifier \"touchpad\"\n        Driver \"libinput\"\n        MatchIsTouchpad \"on\"\n        Option \"Tapping\" \"on\"\nEndSection"
>>>
>>> This is an error in your operating system configuration.  You provided a
>>> string, but the error shows that a list is expected.

I believe this error is gone now that your ‘extra-config’ field is
indeed a list (see above).

I’m closing this bug since the initial problem is gone, but please do
open a new bug if you stumble upon a different issue, or simply email
help-guix if unsure about something.

Thank you!

Ludo’.