Subject: Re: bug#34897: System reconfigure error

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 10:43:39 +0100

Hi,

mikadoZero <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Danny Milosavljevic writes:
>
>> The gettext package is named "gnu-gettext".  Modify your "packages" field.
>
> Thank you.  Changing "gettext" to "gnu-gettext" got it working.
>
> In this case package search seems to be misleading.  `guix package -s
> gnu-gettext` returns nothing.  While in the return of `guix package -s
> gettext` there is a package with the name of "gettext" that talks about
> gnu gettext in it's description.

The name that “guix package -s” shows is the package name.
‘gnu-gettext’, conversely, is the name of the variable bound to that
package.

In your config file, you can use ‘specifications->manifest’ as
documented in the manual if you’d rather avoid dealing with variables.

HTH!

Ludo’.