Subject: Re: bug#34573: Backtrace of guix pull failed

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 16:42:02 +0100

Bonjour Vincent,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 10:55:58AM +0100, Vincent Rouvreau wrote:
> And guix pull failed :
> 
>     guix package -i python python-numpy python-conda
>     eval `guix package --search-paths=prefix`

so the first two commands succeeded?

>     guix pull
> Backtrace:
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   2887:24 19 (_)
>    222:29 18 (map1 (((guix i18n)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix sets)) ((?)) ?))
>    222:29 17 (map1 (((guix gexp)) ((guix sets)) ((guix utils)) (#) ?))
>    222:29 16 (map1 (((guix sets)) ((guix utils)) ((guix store)) (#) ?))
>    222:29 15 (map1 (((guix utils)) ((guix store)) ((guix config)) # ?))
>    222:29 14 (map1 (((guix store)) ((guix config)) ((guix #)) ((?)) ?))
>    222:29 13 (map1 (((guix config)) ((guix packages)) ((guix #)) # ?))
>    222:29 12 (map1 (((guix packages)) ((guix profiles)) ((guix #)) ?))
>    222:17 11 (map1 (((guix profiles)) ((guix derivations)) ((# #)) ?))
>   2800:17 10 (resolve-interface (guix profiles) #:select _ #:hide _ # ?)
> In ice-9/threads.scm:
>     390:8  9 (_ _)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   2726:13  8 (_)

Could you post the lines preceding this error message? I just experienced
a similar case, and the real error happened before (a package needed to be
compiled first and failed).

Could you please send the output of
   guix --version
and
   guix describe
?

Thanks,

Andreas