Subject: Re: System tests stuck in "shepherd[1]: waiting for udevd..."

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:51:51 -0500

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> As I write this, there are two system test builds that have been stuck
> for many hours, endlessly printing "shepherd[1]: waiting for udevd...":
>
>   https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3153725
>   https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3154365
>
> They are both on i686-linux, and on the 'core-updates' branch, but with
> two different build slaves (hydra.gnunet.org and guix.sjd.se).
>
> I will now abort these builds, to free up build slots for other jobs.

Today I found another Hydra build stuck, and aborted it.  Moreover, I
cancelled all 'core-updates' jobs starting with "test.", to prevent more
build slots being held for long periods of time.

I expect that Berlin's build farm will also have several build slots
held in this way, but I'm not sure how to find out if it's happening,
or how to abort those jobs.

      Mark