Subject: Re: [bug#33327] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: webkitgtk: Include documentation.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 12:35:05 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> This is so that users of gtk-doc don’t need to specify where docbook-xsl
>> is to be searched for, right?
>
> On the user-side, I don't know, but without this thee doc of WebKitGTK would
> fail to build, so this is necessary on the builder side.

But other packages that use gtk-doc don’t have this problem, right?  Any
idea what’s different?

>> Since generated HTML documentation tends to take a lot of space, what
>> about moving it to a “doc” output?
>
> Documentation is <7MB, <5% of the total package size, so I didn't bother
> creating a separate output.
> What do you think?

I have a preference for a separate “doc” output nonetheless, if it’s not
too difficult to achieve.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ludo’.