Subject: gnupg: error: .config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx': No such file or directory

From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 19:20:04 +0100

This happened in a GuixSD 0.15 VM inside this env:

$ guix environment guix --ad-hoc help2man git strace   pkg-config less 
binutils coreutils grep guile guile-git guile-json gcc gnupg --no-grafts 
-l ~/my-packages/guile-gcrypt.scm

--
Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.HZZqZi
 From https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz...
following redirection to 
`https://mirror.us-midwest-1.nexcess.net/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz'...
  …2.5.tar.gz  506KiB                  307KiB/s 00:02 
[##################] 100.0%

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.7s85Nf
From https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz.sig...
following redirection to 
`https://mirrors.tripadvisor.com/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz.sig'...
  …5.tar.gz.sig  833B                  395KiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
gpgv: keyblock resource 
'/home/sdb/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx': No such file or directory
gpgv: Signature made Mon 07 May 2018 08:20:36 PM CEST
gpgv:                using RSA key F53B4C5695B5E4D56093432484696772846A0058
gpgv: Can't check signature: No public key
Would you like to add this key to keyring 
'/home/sdb/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx'?
y
gpg: failed to create temporary file 
'/home/sdb/.gnupg/.#lk0x0000000000f6bb70.komputilo.1978': No such file 
or directory
gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/home/sdb/.gnupg/S.dirmngr' failed: No such 
file or directory
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No dirmngr
gpgv: Signature made Mon 07 May 2018 08:20:36 PM CEST
gpgv:                using RSA key F53B4C5695B5E4D56093432484696772846A0058
gpgv: Can't check signature: No public key
guix refresh: warning: signature verification failed for 
`mirror://gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz'
guix refresh: warning: (could be because the public key is not in your 
keyring)
guix refresh: warning: artanis: version 0.2.5 could not be downloaded 
and authenticated; not updating

$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.8
libgcrypt 1.8.2

--

"gpg" had just been installed for the env and had never been run (thus 
directories obviously needed was not present)

Running gpg and guix again fixed the problem:

--

sdb@komputilo ~/guix-tree [env]$ gpg
gpg: directory '/home/sdb/.gnupg' created
gpg: keybox '/home/sdb/.gnupg/pubring.kbx' created
gpg: WARNING: no command supplied.  Trying to guess what you mean ...
gpg: Go ahead and type your message ...
^C
gpg: signal Interrupt caught ... exiting

sdb@komputilo ~/guix-tree [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh artanis -u
;;; note: source file /home/sdb/guix-tree/gnu/packages/guile.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/sdb/guix-tree/gnu/packages/guile.go
;;; note: source file /home/sdb/guix-tree/gnu/packages/guile.scm
;;;       newer than compiled 
/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/gnu/packages/guile.go
Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.Egm4qn
 From https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz...
following redirection to 
`https://mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz'...
  …2.5.tar.gz  506KiB                  357KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.YwaD7f
From https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz.sig...
following redirection to 
`https://ftp.wayne.edu/gnu/artanis/artanis-0.2.5.tar.gz.sig'...
  …5.tar.gz.sig  833B                  577KiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
gpgv: Signature made Mon 07 May 2018 08:20:36 PM CEST
gpgv:                using RSA key F53B4C5695B5E4D56093432484696772846A0058
gpgv: Can't check signature: No public key
Would you like to add this key to keyring 
'/home/sdb/.config/guix/upstream/trustedkeys.kbx'?
y
gpg: /home/sdb/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 84696772846A0058: public key "Mu Lei (Mu Lei known as 
NalaGinrut holds this key) <[email-masked]>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
gpgv: Signature made Mon 07 May 2018 08:20:36 PM CEST
gpgv:                using RSA key F53B4C5695B5E4D56093432484696772846A0058
gpgv: Good signature from "Mu Lei (Mu Lei known as NalaGinrut holds this 
key) <[email-masked]>"
gpgv:                 aka "Mu Lei (Alternative) <[email-masked]>"
gnu/packages/guile.scm:556:15: artanis: updating from version 0.2.1-3 to 
version 0.2.5...
--

Success!

I think this is a bug in gpg.

What do you think?

-- 
Cheers Swedebugia