Subject: vim tests break terminal output

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 15:46:35 +0100

Hi,

While build vim tests, the terminal gets weird and its output is broken.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
<ng0> [...] some build (no idea which one, I'm in a long series of
      builds) just broke the output in a way that I'm only getting
      gibberish for the renmaining tail of buildlogs. iirc vim builds
      (specifically: the testsuite) would do something similar to your
      open terminal.
      [15:22]
*** mbuf ([email-masked]) has quit: Quit: Leaving  [15:24]
<ng0> "but what do I mean by gibberish?"
<ng0> well:
<ng0> ⎻▒▒⎽e ◆b┤☃┌d' ⎽┤cceeded ▒°├e⎼ 1↓3 ⎽ec⎺┼d⎽
<ng0>
      ├e⎽├/e┼±☃┼e/├e⎽├_⎻⎺⎺┌↓⎻≤::P⎺⎺┌E┴e┼├⎽Te⎽├::├e⎽├_c⎺┼┼ec├_⎺┼_⎽┤b⎽e─┤e┼├┌≤_⎼ec⎼e▒├ed
      PASSED [ 2▮%]
<ng0> etc
<roptat> oh yes, vim tests :/  [15:25]
<roptat> is that with guix build or guix package?  [15:26]
<ng0> build
<roptat> I haven't seen anything like that before and I'm not familia with UI
	 code  [15:27]
<ng0> wiht building vim you'd get no problems a while back. it would just
      continue building and only when builds finish make your terminal act
      funny
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Cheers,
Clément