Subject: Re: bug#33106: "make check-system TESTS=basic" fails on master

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 01:58:03 -0700

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> It passes for me as of ff598353c01b1953243ba0ecb87efbd73c66720e, on
> x86_64-linux.

I rebuilt Guix from a clean checkout of commit
ff598353c01b1953243ba0ecb87efbd73c66720e, and then I ran the test again.
It still failed.  The error messages are the same as before.

> I could be a QEMU or a kernel error.  Does it still manifest with
> today’s master?

I just did a Git pull; the master branch head currently points to
a89f731b1506b3b560f4a179da2889408dfa881d.  I'm rebuilding Guix from a
fresh checkout of this commit.  Once it's done, I'll let you know
whether the system test passes.

>> 1) Where is the "basic.log" file?  I checked the Guix checkout and the
>> retained directory of the failed derivation (i.e., the directory
>> produced by guix build --keep-failed /gnu/store/...gjmid5-basic.drv),
>> but I don't see it anywhere.
>
> The ‘basic.log’ file is in the output of this derivation.  The
> derivation is built with #:keep-failed? #t, so the output is still
> around upon failure and ‘make check-system’ prints it upon completion
> with something like:
>
>   TOTAL: 1
>   FAIL: /gnu/store/gmsv8dlxd88p37qc74pdn5jgiikbyxwv-basic

Understood!  I was confused and looking in the wrong place.

-- 
Chris