Subject: Re: [bug#32923] [PATCH 0/3] Add Arduino basics.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 17:26:28 +0200

Hi Björn,

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 09:44:14 +0200
Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I haven't looked into the package definitions, just:
> 
> There is already a file avr.scm. Is there any reason you are not adding
> to this file?

Newer arduino versions support other platforms, not just avr.  They are an
IDE and development environment, with only the "arduinocore-" packages
differing.

So in light of this I wouldn't put it into "avr.scm".

The newer arduino versions require batik, so packages for batik have to be
finished first.
That requires xalan, so that has to be finished first.
And that requires java-cup which cannot be bootstrapped without binaries.

So a newer arduino version is going to take a while.

> If you stick with the arduino.scm, you should add it to gnu/local.mk.

Thanks!