Subject: Re: [bug#32394] [PATCH] gnu: restic: Fix tests.

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 20:58:32 +0300

Hello Leo,

Thank you for review.

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 08:29:06AM +0300, Oleg Pykhalov wrote:
>> * gnu/packages/backup.scm (restic)[arguments]: Replace 'check' phase.
>
> Thanks, LGTM! Should we report the issues upstream?

I've played little bit more and found that
‘internal/backend/rest/rest_int_test.go’ is actually passes.

Pushed 4976ebddf1a4735ee12808083876f573121993bf as with changes:
diff --git a/gnu/packages/backup.scm b/gnu/packages/backup.scm
index bca070d3f..251dadf84 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/backup.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/backup.scm
@@ -850,9 +850,6 @@ is like a time machine for your data. ")
     (build-system go-build-system)
     (arguments
      `(#:import-path "github.com/restic/restic"
-       #:modules ((srfi srfi-26)
-                  (guix build go-build-system)
-                  (guix build utils))
        #:unpack-path "github.com/restic"
       ;; We don't need to install the source code for end-user applications.
        #:install-source? #f
@@ -870,11 +867,8 @@ is like a time machine for your data. ")
              (with-directory-excursion (string-append
                                         "src/github.com/restic/restic-"
                                         ,version)
-               (for-each (cut delete-file <>)
-                         '(;; Requires a network.
-                           "internal/backend/rest/rest_int_test.go"
-                           ;; unexpected error: fusermount: exit status 1
-                           "cmd/restic/integration_fuse_test.go"))
+               ;; unexpected error: fusermount: exit status 1
+               (delete-file "cmd/restic/integration_fuse_test.go")
                (invoke "go" "run" "build.go" "--test"))))
 
          (replace 'install

I'm not sure about reporting to upstream, because I think fusermount
fail in a build process is Guix specific.  WDYT?

Oleg.