Subject: Build failure with installed guix that does not happen with pre-inst-env

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 18:16:54 +0200

Dear Guix experts,

When updating my Guix installation after three weeks of absence, I
noticed a build failure:

   $ guix pull –commit=de596e99549d7764f370ab2ed3b756f620b1f23d
   $ guix build racket

   guix package: error: racket-fix-xform-issue.patch: patch not found

However, that patch file is there:

   $ ls -l .config/guix/latest/gnu/packages/patches/racket-fix-xform-issue.patch 
   -r--r--r-- 10 root root 2520 janv.  1  1970 .config/guix/latest/gnu/packages/patches/racket-fix-xform-issue.patch

Moreover, the same build works fine when I check out the same commit and
use pre-inst-env:

   $ cd ~/Development/guix
   $ guix environment guix
   $ git pull
   $ git checkout de596e99549d7764f370ab2ed3b756f620b1f23d
   $ ./bootstrap
   $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var
   $ make
   $ ./pre-inst-env guix build racket

I suspect that this is somehow caused by the new implementation of "guix
pull", but I don't know how I would go about debugging this, so I defer
to the experts.

Konrad.