Subject: Re: bug#31841: ./pre-inst-env guix system no longer works without ~/.config/guix

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:45:33 +0200

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> When outside of an environment containing guile-sqlite3 strace shows
> that Guix tries to load it right before failing.  The cause here is the
> autoloading of (guix store database), which depends on the sqlite
> bindings.

Indeed.  Commit c5a2e1ffcb029f50c4c18352cf378b61c41c625e made
guile-sqlite3 a requirement, but ‘configure’ is supposed to error out if
it’s not found.

Mark, any idea why ‘configure’ didn’t fail for you?  What does
‘config.log’ say?

> We could fix this by recording more of the configured
> GUILE_LOAD_{,COMPILED_}PATH and setting it up at runtime with
> pre-inst-env.

I’m a bit reluctant to that, in part because it’s a development
environment where we can have different expectations IMO.

Ludo’.