Subject: Re: bug#31069: emacs-smartparens: sp-forward-barf-sexp broken

From: Thorsten Wilms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 20:54:22 +0200

On 07.04.2018 17:19, Alex Kost wrote:

> Sorry, I don't know what could cause your problem.  My only idea is
> maybe you have some mixed (incompatible) packages both from Guix and
> from (M)ELPA (for example, "dash.el" from Melpa and "smartparens" from
> Guix).  Look at "M-x list-load-path-shadows".

No worries, thanks for your input!

There's nothing here that wasn't installed via guix.
list-load-path-shadows says:

/home/thorwil/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides 
/gnu/store/6cflji7h6y0v15dvnccv7paaa7894gdc-emacs-25.3/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/home/thorwil/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix-emacs hides 
/gnu/store/6cflji7h6y0v15dvnccv7paaa7894gdc-emacs-25.3/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix-emacs

So far all this happened on Ubuntu with just Emacs and packages for it 
installed via guix. Now I tried what happens on Guix SD, with 
emacs-smartparens as only Emacs package, run in the shell, no init.el. 
After just M-x smartparens-mode, again: slurp works, barf doesn't.

I would conclude that this is a direct smartparens bug, if it wasn't for 
your report of having it working (which I do not doubt).

-- 
Thorsten Wilms