Subject: Re: [bug#30991] [PATCH v2 1/3] services: Move static-networking to (gnu services base).

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 18:13:33 +0200

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/services/networking.scm (static-networking, static-networking?,
> static-networking-interface, static-networking-ip, static-networking-netmask,
> static-networking-gateway, static-networking-requirement,
> static-networking-service, static-networking-service-type): Move to...
> * gnu/services/base.scm: ...here.

What’s the reason?  Is there a module cross-dependency issue or
something?

> +        (stop #~(lambda _
> +                  ;; Return #f is successfully stopped.
> +                  (let ((sock (socket AF_INET SOCK_STREAM 0)))
> +                    (when #$gateway
> +                      (delete-network-route sock
> +                                            (make-socket-address
> +                                             AF_INET INADDR_ANY 0)))
> +                    (set-network-interface-flags sock #$interface 0)
> +                    (close-port sock)
> +:                    #f)))
   ^
A cat walked on the keyboard.  :-)

Ludo’.