Subject: Re: bug#30921: Jupyter uses the wrong Python.

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 11:39:23 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> I wonder if that’s by design.  As far as I understand Jupyter can be
> used with many different kernels, including different versions of
> Python.  This means that we may not limit it to just a single version of
> Python at build time.
>
> Is this correct?

Yes. Installed kernels are normally under $prefix/share/jupyter/kernels.
A standard installation of Jupyter via PyPI also installs a kernel for
the same Python interpreter that is used for Jupyter. Additional kernels
can then be installed afterwards.

Fis Trivial <[email-masked]> writes:

> Actually the only command I know about jupyter is how to open a
> notebook :) . But it asks me to restart the kernel again and again in
> browser. And according to the console, it seems that jupyter couldn't

You could run

   jupyter kernelspec list

to see which kernels Jupyter actually uses.

Konrad.