Subject: Re: [bug#30864] mailutils: fix TODO note and build with mariadb sql

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:42:09 +0100

Hello,

ng0 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> mailutils had this note to build it with sql.
>
> I picked mariadb, the attached patch builds alright.
>
> But:
> Why do we want this? mariadb adds *very much* to the size of the package and its
> dependencies.

[...]

> total: 158.8 MiB

[...]

> total: 695.8 MiB

That’s multiplied by 4.5, so I’d rather not do it, especially since it
doesn’t contribute to a core functionality of Mailutils AFAIK.

That said, the main problem here is the size of mariadb (and mysql),
which take 200–300 MiB alone (not the closure).  We can revisit this
issue when we’ve made them smaller.

How does that sound?

Ludo’.