Subject: Re: bug#30710: guix graph gives duplicate nodes

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:19:12 +0100

Hello,

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> skribis:

> "guix graph" delivers the same package with different IDs. Here is an
> example with a node delivered twice. (For plasma-workspace, which I'm
> working on, this package was even listed four times).
>
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix graph -t package -b graphviz qtbase | grep
> autoconf-wrapper
>   "59511552" [label = "autoconf-wrapper-2.69", shape = box, fontname =
> Helvetica];
>   "59511744" [label = "autoconf-wrapper-2.69", shape = box, fontname =
> Helvetica];

This is expected.  Strictly speaking, we’re talking about two different
package objects, hence the different IDs.

Now, there are cases were we have multiple package objects mapping to a
single derivation.  That’s OK.  You can use “guix graph -t bag” or
similar if you want nodes that correspond to derivations.

HTH!

Ludo’.