Subject: [PATCH 0/3] guix environment --user, --link-profile, --no-cwd

From: Mike Gerwitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 22:29:02 -0500

On help-guix I initiated a conversation on using IceCat within a container
(<[email-masked]>).  This covers some of the lower-level concepts I
was thinking off.  Specifically:

0. The ability to hide the user (and home directory) from procsses within the
   container.  This includes rewritting mapped paths;
1. Suppressing the behavior of automatically sharing cwd; and
2. Linking $GUIX_ENVIRONMENT to ~/.guix-profile.

The first two are for privacy (#1 is for conveinence, since creating an empty
dir just to cd into it is a bit klugy as a workaround).  #2 was motivated by
my needs with font-config, but I can imaging that it'd be useful elsewhere
as well.  It only really makes sense if you're not sharing your home
directory.

Mike Gerwitz (3):
  scripts: environment: Add --link-profile.
  scripts: environment: Add --user.
  scripts: environment: Add --no-cwd.

 doc/guix.texi                |  59 +++++++++++++-
 guix/scripts/environment.scm | 178 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 tests/guix-environment.sh    |  30 ++++++++
 3 files changed, 233 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.1