Subject: Re: bug#29892: dvtm does not properly export terminfo

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:24:23 +0100

Hi,

Jelle Licht <[email-masked]> skribis:

> 2018-01-01 18:19 GMT+01:00 Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>:

[...]

>> ‘TERMINFO_DIRS’ is a search path of ncurses.  However, because search
>> paths of dependencies are not honored, it doesn’t get set:
>>
>>   https://bugs.gnu.org/22138
>>
>> This is what we should fix.

[...]

> Am I correct in assuming that as a temporary (personal) workaround, I can
> just
> install ncurses in my profile as well?

Yes.

> Perhaps guix can warn if you install a package which has a dependency
> with a search path like ncurses? Or would this be too much of a hassle
> to implement?
>
> It would not solve the issue, but at least prevent people from
> not understanding why their packages are not working. WDYT?

Good question, not sure it would be significantly easier than fixing the
core issue.  Dunno!

Ludo’.