Subject: Re: bug#29219: CUPS filter still can't access Ghostscript (gs)

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 10:05:42 +0100

Hi,

Mekeor Melire <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I added two printers through CUPS' web interface (localhost:631) using
> the PPD driver file which I downloaded (from openprinting.org): one
> called ljet4 (which calls Ghostscript) and one called Postscript (which
> just calls `cat`)⁰. The latter worked.
>
>
> But although I was expecting commit
> 1728c411718e3b358c06561d6e80b47d7b331617¹ to fix this issue, when I try
> the ljet4² driver, I still get this error in /var/log/cups/error_log³:
>
>
>     sh: gs: command not found
>     Process is dying with \"Unable to determine number of pages, page count: -1
>     \", exit stat 3
>
>
> Is anybody able to reproduce this issue?
>
> How can I be sure that the cups-service I'm running is the recent one
> which includes that commit? (I tried pulling guix and rebuilding the
> system afterwards and restarting cups-service afterwards.)

Just make sure to reconfigure from a recent-enough commit (run ‘guix
--version’ as root to see which commit you’re using.)

If it turns out you’re already using CUPS with commit
1728c411718e3b358c06561d6e80b47d7b331617, could you reproduce the issue
while running “strace -p PID -f -s 345 -o log”, where PID is the PID of
cupsd as shown by ‘herd status cups’?

TIA!

Ludo’.