Subject: Superseded package is not rebuild if native dependency changes

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 18:32:45 +0100

Hi,

the package "gpgmepp" depends on native input "extra-cmake-modules".
However if the alter is changed, gpgmepp is not rebuild.

How to reproduce

    git checkout master # important: without
    http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29087 applied

    ./pre-inst-env guix build gpgmepp

now apply http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29087

    ./pre-inst-env guix build extra-cmake-modules # the package changed
    by patch 29087

    ./pre-inst-env guix build gpgmepp
    guix build: package 'gpgmepp' has been superseded by 'gpgme'
    /gnu/store/ky8p7lllm9h9sv1zy0f742r1cc6qbd1l-gpgme-1.9.0

This does *not* rebuild gpgmepp, but simply return the old store-path.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |