Subject: Re: bug#28510: crash: guix build -S foo --with-source=bla

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 01:34:38 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 at 14:09, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The command “guix build -S guile-git --with-source=guile-git” crashes
> instead of failing gracefully:
>
> rwurmus@bimsb-sys02 in code: git clone https://gitlab.com/guile-git/guile-git.git

[...]

> rwurmus@bimsb-sys02 in code: guix build -S guile-git --with-source=guile-git
> Backtrace:

Still failing.  In ’compute-derivation’, this 

              (s
               (list (package-source-derivation store s)))))

returns a list of string instead of a derivation, so then

                          (for-each show-derivation-outputs drv)

fails because it expects a derivation or a derivation-input (see in
(guix ui)).

Well, I am not sure where the error should be handled.  In (guix ui) and
in (guix scripts build)?  WDYT?

Cheers,
simon