Subject: Re: [bug#27950] [PATCH] Add The Ur-Quan Masters

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 14:31:46 -0300

Yes, the "NC" part is problematic, see:
<https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html#non-functional-data>

Note that, at least for non-functional data: the GNU FSDG is more
"strict" towards system distributions than the free/libre software
philosophy is to software in general.

For the first, the work must allow freedom 2 entirely. For the latter,
only the "share" part of freedom 2.

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hello,
>
>
> Note that the GNU FSDG are more liberal than Debian’s guidelines when it
> comes to “non-functional data” such as game artwork:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html
>
> That said, the “NC” bit can probably cause practical problems, such as
> if someone sells a GuixSD DVD, or if a company runs ‘guix publish’ and
> happens to redistribute the thing.
>
> Regardless, thanks for your work, Adam!
>
> Ludo’.
>
>
>
>

-- 
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, use o GNU Ring ou o Tox.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.