Subject: Re: [bug#27950] [PATCH] Add The Ur-Quan Masters

From: Adam Van Ymeren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 14:07:21 -0400

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Adam, and welcome! Nice work for a first package. :-)

Thanks!

>
> Unfortunately CC BY-NC-SA can not be included in Guix since it disallows
> commercial redistribution. Do you know if there are any freely
> redistributable data files available?

Crap, I hadn't actually checked the license of the content until I was
basically done with the engine.  I see debian has packaged the content
into their "non-free" repository.

There does not appear to be any free data files, and the developers
appear to have been fairly insistant on choosing the non-commercial
creative commons license which is disappointing.

Oh well, it's probably not worth including this package unless we can
get free data files.  Due to the age of the game, perhaps the developers
could be persuaded into changing the license.  I mights send the an
email to ask.