Subject: Re: [bug#27950] [PATCH] Add The Ur-Quan Masters

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 23:42:00 +0200

Adam Van Ymeren <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is my first package so obviously comments are welcome.  This
> package only contains the engine.  The data files are distributed as a
> few separate archives.  According to their wiki the data files are
> available under a free(ish) license (CC BY-NC-SA 2.5).  A few separate
> packages will have to be made for those I guess?  I'm not sure how to
> include multiple source files in a single package, if this is even
> supported.

Hello Adam, and welcome! Nice work for a first package. :-)

Unfortunately CC BY-NC-SA can not be included in Guix since it disallows
commercial redistribution. Do you know if there are any freely
redistributable data files available?

See 'hyperrogue' and 'git' for a couple of examples of having multiple
"origins".

> UQM uses a pretty custom looking build system so I had to replace all
> phases of the build, but it appears to work now.  After installation the
> games starts and the dies complaining about missing data files.

The patch looks good to me. Now we just need some data files :-)