Subject: Re: bug#27152: deprecation warnings with Guile 2.2.2

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 23:00:19 +0200

Hi,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I get a couple of deprecation warnings with Guile 2.2.2, for example
>
>     Import (ice-9 threads) to have access to `current-processor-count'.
>     `_IOFBF' is deprecated.  Use the symbol 'block instead.

We can fix the first one with #:use-module (ice-9 threads).

The second one is just a pain: in 2.2 one is supposed to write

  (setvbuf port 'block)

instead of

  (setvbuf port _IOFBF)

So we could do:

  (cond-expand (guile-2.2 (define _IOFBF 'block))
               (else #t))

in some central place (that doesn’t exist), but really, that’s annoying.

So I’m tempted to do nothing.

Note that normally users do not see these deprecation warnings at all.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.