Subject: Re: bug#27080: ¨make install" fails because of missing gawk

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 22:24:31 +0200

Hi Konrad,

Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> (With the “pre-inst-env” script it’s possible to run Guix without
>> installing it, so you don’t even have to run “make install” at all if
>> you just want to bootstrap Guix.)
>
> That's a useful suggestion, thanks! All I want to do is develop my own
> package definitions, and eventually contribute them to the official
> distribution. All I need is a way to run Guix-from-source under my user
> account.

In that case
<https://gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-Guix-Before-It-Is-Installed.html>
should be helpful if you haven’t seen it already!

HTH,
Ludo’.