Subject: Re: bug#27080: ¨make install" fails because of missing gawk

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 20:38:10 +0200

On 26/05/2017 18:44, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> I don’t think it ever behaved like that, because it hardly has anything
> to install.  Hence I don’t think there have been any changes.  Without
> additional details it’s not very productive to talk about this, though.

I am beginning to wonder if this is part of the anomalies I observe, 
because I agree that guix shouldn´t need to install anything beyond its 
entry point, the executable /usr/local/bin/guix. But on my system, it 
installs 1877 files under /opt/guix, and all those would probably go to 
/usr/local by default.

Proof:

 > find /opt/guix -type f | wc -l
1877

1273 of these files are under share:

 > find /opt/guix/share -type f | wc -l
1273
 > ls /opt/guix/share/
guile  guix  info  locale  man  zsh

>>> No, the configure script is probably okay.  Maybe something’s up with
>>> your environment.  Have you tried “guix environment --pure guix”?
>>
>> I just did. No difference. Same config.log, same Makefile, same error
>> messages.
> 
> Could you share the output of “env” within the pure guix environment?

Sure:

CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/include
GUIX_LOCPATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/lib/locale
TERM=dumb
LIBRARY_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/lib
USER=hinsen
LS_COLORS=
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/share/guile/site/2.2
GUIX_ENVIRONMENT=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/share/guile/site/2.2
PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/bin:/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/sbin
C_INCLUDE_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/include
PWD=/home/hinsen/Development/guix
SHLVL=1
HOME=/home/hinsen
BASH_LOADABLES_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/lib/bash
LOGNAME=hinsen
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/lib/pkgconfig
INFOPATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/share/info
ACLOCAL_PATH=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/share/aclocal
DISPLAY=:0
_=/gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/bin/env

Konrad.