Subject: Re: bug#27080: ¨make install" fails because of missing gawk

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 16:47:10 +0200

Hi Ludo,

>> Next, I replaced this line by
>>
>>   AWK = /gnu/store/2kgp5d4wh40b49gp4qwqh2b4il29gq6g-profile/bin/gawk
>>
>> and re-ran "make install". Success!
> 
> Could it be that there was a cache file here (‘config.cache’, as created
> by “./configure -C”)?

There is no config.cache, and I never used -C. Plus I do "make 
distclean" all the time.

 > In that case
<https://gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-Guix-Before-It-Is-Installed.html>
 > should be helpful if you haven’t seen it already!

Just did. Looks like what I need.

Thanks,
   Konrad.