Subject: Re: bug#26581: Leftover patch round-up

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 23:19:41 +0200

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Let's find the patch files whose filenames are not referenced anywhere,
> except possibly in 'gnu/local.mk':

Woohoo, spring cleanup!  :-)

> Specific notes for each file:
>
> gcc-libiberty-printf-decl.patch: Added in
> b810a85019ab3c4ee1f889d0751b8eb06157dadc and mentioned in the
> commit message but never used, AFAICT. Ludo?

It was used for 5.3 (commit e3d0fcbf7e55e8cbe8d0a1c5a24d73f341d7243b,
which the commit above reinstated; see
<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2016-04/msg00039.html>) but useless in
5.4.  So yes, can be removed!

Except for this one:

> gnu/packages/patches/readline-7.0-mingw.patch: Introduced in
> ae12d586275cdd96db23fb01bf840b2055b5b979, but never used. Jan, can you
> take a look?

… it looks like you can go ahead and remove’em all!

Maybe we should add a makefile target to check for stale patches?

Thanks,
Ludo’.