Subject: Re: bug#26173: [PATCH 4/4] tests: ssh: Add a test for SFTP.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:25:16 +0100

Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/tests/ssh.scm (run-ssh-test): Introduce "SFTP file writing and reading".
> Make 'sftp' a keyword parameter.

Woohoo!

Please also mention the change to ‘%test-openssh’.

> +(define* (run-ssh-test name ssh-service pid-file #:key (sftp #f))
>    "Run a test of an OS running SSH-SERVICE, which writes its PID to PID-FILE.
>  SSH-SERVICE must be configured to listen on port 22 and to allow for root and
>  empty-password logins."

Nitpick: call it ‘sftp?’ (with a question mark) to make it clear it’s a
Boolean, and mention it in the docstring.

> +            ;; Connect to the guest over SFTP.  Make sure we can write and
> +            ;; read a file there.
> +            (when #$sftp
> +              (test-equal "SFTP file writing and reading"

You can write it like this:

  (unless #$sftp?
    (test-skip 1))

  (test-equal …)

That way the test will be marked as skipped when SFTP support is
missing, which is marginally nicer.

Thanks for taking the time to write this test!

Ludo’.