Subject: Re: bug#26006: [Website] Integral update proposal

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:05:06 +0200

Howdy!

sirgazil <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On 15/06/17 02:59, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

[...]

>> On a more practical level, what would you like the workflow to be like
>> from there on?  I would prefer hosting the source on gnu.org rather than
>> {bitbucket,gitlab,github}.com and I would also prefer Git over
>> Mercurial, but I don’t want to be a hindrance so I’m open to
>> discussions.  :-)
>
> No worries. The idea was to move the useful parts to guix-artwork on
> gnu.org.
>
> To be honest, when I started this version of the website I was just
> motivated on implementing the designs and exploring a way to organize
> modules in a haunt website so that data, builders and templates were
> separated. But I was not very interested in dealing with git workflows,
> and strict commit messages. Sorry about that :)

No problem, this is perfectly understandable (also I’m fine with relaxed
conventions on guix-artwork.git).

> So, what do we do? Create a branch on guix-artwork and drop these files
> there to complete what is missing? I don't know...

Yes we could do that.  Should we investigate the missing bits first?  I
haven’t taken the time to do it yet, sorry about that.

Thank you!

Ludo’.